Tamarack Takes you Further
Tamarack Aerospace is a technology-driven company shaping the future of aviation sustainability. We're transforming the potential of business, commercial, and military flight with our SMARTWING™ solutions.
Our employees enjoy competitive pay, comprehensive health care, and matching 401K — all within a cutting-edge environment of industry experts and professionals.
With our unlimited vacation policy, you'll enjoy an unparalleled work-life balance. Make the move and surround yourself in the breathtaking vistas of family-friendly North Idaho; crystal-clear lakes, crisp rivers, and forested mountains provide the backdrop for year-round actives.
Join Us Today
STRESS ENGINEER III
- Perform structural analysis work on aircraft modification programs addressing metallic or composite designs. Analysis may include primary or secondary airframe structures to substantiate that positive margins are in place for aspects including static strength, fatigue, and aero-elastic behavior.
- Develop internal loads information and free body diagrams for structural assemblies.
- Perform strength and stability checks of structural details using industry-standard finite element methods and classical hand calculations.
- Create specialized finite element models of structural details as needed to support stress analysis work.
- Support drawing release by documenting static and fatigue stress analyses for new designs and design changes.
- Compile margin of safety summaries and document analysis results in formal report format for approval from FAA under Part 23 or Part 25 regulations.
- Review and approve supplier drawings, stress reports, and test reports.
- Coordinate with the design groups, manufacturing, loads, test, and others as required.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers.
Specific tasks include:
- Build or modify FEM models
- Validation of FEM based on test or other data
- Conduct sizing sensitivity studies for initial design
- Produce stress calculations supporting compliance reports
- Compose reports documenting compliance to FAA or EASA Part 23 or Part 25 requirements
- 10+ years of applied aerospace industry experience required.
- Must be familiar with FAA or EASA Part 23 and Part 25 certification requirements.
- High proficiency with NX NASTRAN and FEMAP is required.
- Proficient understanding of aerospace industry engineering principles and concepts for aircraft primary structure.
- Must be proficient in traditional (hand) calculations through to full computer simulations, testing, and documentation supporting certification.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and must function well within a multi-disciplinary team.
- High proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required.
Education & Experience:
B.S. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering required.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in the aerospace industry with emphasis on primary airframe structural analysis.
Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. is proud of its diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer. Passport and driver’s license required.